Vegan tART Contest!
Who likes tarts? Who likes art? Who likes both? I bet most of you have your hand raised!
So make some tART yourself and join the most creative (and veganly delicious!) contest ever, created and run by our dear Urban Vegan of the omonimous blog! Up for grabs there is a 10$ gift certificat from PETA!
This is how the idea came about and what the rules are:
"A few weeks ago, our good friend [and renowned sculptor] Leonard Streckfus paid us a visit. His gift of wild raspberries inspired me to make a tart. Back in Baltimore, Leonard had an overabundance of berries and decided to try my tart recipe for himself. But as you can see from this photo he sent, his ravenous friends gobbled it all up and left him tARTless. To help replenish Leonard's cupboard, I decided to hold a tART Gallery Exhibition and Contest.
To enter, send me your tART works--photos of your vegan fruit tARTs--by August 31, 2006. Here are the details:
• Submit your most creative vegan tART photos. [jpegs].
• All tarts must be vegan--no animal products including dairy, eggs and honey.
• Recipes not required [but greatly appreciated]. It's all about the tART.
• My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Originality and presentation of the photo.
• Quality of the photo.
• Visual presentation of the tart.
• Accompanying photo caption. [Please keep it short].
• A $10 gift certificate to the PETA catalog. A portion of the certificate benefits PETA and animals in need.
• All contestants' photos will be published in Urban Vegan's tART Gallery.
• Please send your entries to the email@example.com by midnight EST August 31, 2006.
Meet the Judges:
• Leonard Streckfus, sculptor extraordinaire. Leonard designed the famous dolphin sculpture which adorns the entrance of the Baltimore National Aquarium and has exhibited internationally.
• Omniman, an artist with an MFA in printmaking who teaches at a metropolitan Philadelphia museum. He has been interviewed, among other places, in The New Yorker and has appeared on American, Japanese, and French TV.
• Urban Vegan, a writer by trade [MA in English] who has an undergraduate degree in visual arts, and in another lifetime, worked as a graphic designer.
Is this not the coolest initiative around? Find here the link to Urban original post and superb berry tart recipe, so that you can get inspired.
And let me remind you: Urban does not require you send her the tART, which you get to keep and eat at your leasure... another excellent reason to participate!