The Vegan Club

A private club for vegans to meet and relax in a (finally) cruelty free safe zone. Recipes, life stories, ideas... enter in the Club to find out!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Vegan Recipt installation project needs your help!

What's going on in veganet? Something really interesting it seems!

One of our newest members, Veronica of A gang of bunnies stole my idea, already has a great project running and she need all our help! This is Veronica's message:

HELP NEEDED BADLY !
for my RECEIPT INSTALLATION PROJECT
Thought those bits of paper called "receipts" you get from the supermarkets were useless? Not any more!
Collect them, ask your family and friends to give you theirs, pick them up from the floor not caring if people stare at you ... anything goes... they are a real treasure to me! I need them badly cos' I want to cover a whole room with them.
I'm asking people to please get receipts from supermarkets and other food stores and send them to me by postal mail. I already have hundreds but I need thousands!
The walls of a room will be completely covered with thousands of receipts so the viewers will find themselves surrounded. The food products that contain animal derived ingredients will be underlined. Shopping receipts are the proof (real, symbolic and legal) of what we consume, an activity that has a underestimated effect on non-human animals.
more info here:
http://www.veronicaibarra.com/vero/pages/current_page.html
Thanks for your time!
all the best
Veronica



Great idea! And a strong message will be delivered with this installation: it's about animal rights being denied by aniam products, so us vegans need to make our voice be heard on this topic!

I am collecting my recipes already: make sure to do the same! For me works out much better than crumpling up in balls to recycle! So start keeping them and delight your receipts: they will turn from garbage to art! I am sure they will be glad of the change!

By the way, do not forget to enter the tART contest that Urban Vegan is running: you have time untl August 31st!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Group hug please! To our newest member that is! Welcome in Candi, of A Vegan Photo Blog. There are lots of very interesting vegan information on her site, plus beautiful pictures! Candi is a photographer and photojournalist! Pay a visit to her site!

4 Comments:

Blogger Valentina said...

Aren't her pictures wonderful?!!! I love Candi's blog! and she's so sweet!

9:25 pm  
Blogger urban vegan said...

Such a cool idea. Guess I'll just HAVE to go grocery shopping now.

4:08 am  
Blogger Candi said...

Hee hee!! I'm so happy to be here! I'm honored! I love the group's members already! :)

Thank you so much for the great post and for adding me!!

*hugs*

8:14 am  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Thanks for the nooz, t.!!

4:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

29

 

 

 

 
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. Anatole France