The Vegan Club

A private club for vegans to meet and relax in a (finally) cruelty free safe zone. Recipes, life stories, ideas... enter in the Club to find out!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Vegan Health Study


You may have noticed we have put up a link to Vegan Health, a website meant to provide invaluable information for all vegans about our health and special needs.

We have also discovered there is an undergoing study targeting us, the vegan population. The Vegan Health Study questionnaire is a comprehensive survey designed to collect a wide variety of information on a vegan nutritional profile.

It is a pretty long test (not a quick fix!), taking at least 40 minutes to complete and comes with a number of advices about vegan nutriotion. Personally I would like to warn you about these advices: the medical terminology makes it sound liks us vegans are all at risk!

But for the rest, this is a truly appreciable effort to investigate segment of the population that is hardly ever taken into due consideration. The clinical summary for 2005 is already available and it a VERY interesting read (we are not about to die in the end!), not to mention the lifestyle guideline: wonderful in my opinion!

So, do your part! And take part!

http://www.veganhealthstudy.org/

P.S. and please come back to say what you thought about it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Virginie said...

Good news! I enjoyed reading Vegan Nutrition by Gill Langley, as it gives us analysises of vegan diet studies. I'll have a look to all your links and will say what I think about it.

8:45 pm  
Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hey, that's great, t., thankyou!

6:04 am  
Blogger t. said...

Hey Virginie, thanks for the pointer towards the book by Gill Lnagley. I will try to get it and read it. I have read Eat To Live and I was quite jaded by the information provided.
Note thought that is is not a information website on vegan nutrition. This is a medical survey, likely the biggest one ever done in the field of veganism.
I encourage anyone to take it!

You girls let me know what you think of it!

5:37 pm  
Blogger urban vegan said...

I'll definitely complete this when I have time--thanks for the heads up.

8:47 pm  
Blogger Dori said...

Thanks for the informative link! I also read about the tart contest above. How fun!

2:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

29

 

 

 

 
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. Anatole France